Experience a unique marine eco-system with spectacular mangrove scenery on a short, guided kayaking adventure in Grand Turk. Our experienced and knowledgeable team will guide you through the mangroves of South Creek and explain the importance of their existence within our coastal system. Encounter a variety of terrestrial and marine life while you paddle through the mangroves.
Is it for me?
Kayaking is fun, relaxing, very low risk & easy to learn and is open to all even if you have never tried it before – full instruction will be given. Papa J Tours provides experienced guides who will take you out on the waters. Our guides are very experienced and fully EFR trained (Emergency First Response) - first aid kits are always on hand.
When and what time?
We kayak all year round (unless it is raining heavily!)
How many can go?
Minimum of 4 people to book your places on the tour. For safety, we operate a guide ratio of approximately 1 guide per 4 paddlers (depending on paddler ability & experience). We are more than happy to take bookings for groups of 10 persons or more (discounts may be available) and we will require a deposit to secure your booking (see cancellation policy below).
How much does it cost?
South Creek Mangroves - $85 Per person
What should I bring?
- Sunscreen with a high SPF and ideally waterproof (see above).
- A hat to protect your head from the sun!
- Water - we will provide you with a bottle water, but please bring more if you feel the need - staying properly hydrated is very important.
- A change of clothes for afterwards.
- A towel to dry yourself off afterwards.
- You will need to decide if you want to bring your cameras, mobile phones or other handheld electronic devices. It is up to you and if you do bring them then they will need to go in a waterproof bag because water does splash into the kayak.
A guided mangrove kayaking tour last approximately 1.5 hours.
Cancellation policy: For group bookings of 10 people or more we require a 50% deposit in advance to secure your space on the tour. Should you wish to cancel your booking you may do so and your deposit will be refunded, however if you cancel within 48 hours of the tour date you will lose all of your deposit. This is to compensate us for loss of business from other groups who could have taken your spot on the tour.